Sunday, September 6, 2009

La Playa


It has been great savoring the end of summer vacation, enjoying

my new home for this semester and having great Spanish adventures. I have mixed feelings about starting classes tomorrow. First emotion is excited and then I realize this semester is not going to be just play so it’s a little sad. We have been walking around the city, getting to know our new home and experiencing Sevillan life with not any responsibilities. I love it here. The food has been great, unlike my Meixcan experience, and I am getting used to eating and sleeping times. We go to bed around 3 AM on the weekend, when I say we I mean myself and the rest of the city. J We eat a loaf of fresh bread with every meal and walk everywhere,…millions of miles a day. I wear flip flops while the rest of

the cuty wears heels. Ha.

La Playa!

Today we went to the beach. It was called Madalascanas…near Portugal and on the

Atlantic. Its kinda cool that I was swimming in the same ocean as back home except on the other side. Its warmer over here. J We packed bocadillos, sandwiches, and left at 10 from the bus station. A lot of us went in different groups and wound up all hanging out there at the beach. Its probably a really popular one cause it was packed but it was soooo much fun. I went for a really long walk with Shawn and Rebecca to see if we could make it to Portugal (kind of a joke) and then we decided to climb this crazy rock thing that I don’t know what it is. It was amazing,

I was soooo happy. We climbed when the tide still wasn’t in enough to make it easy and It was a perfect challenge, I fell a couple times- no crash pad needed with the ocean under you, and we found out that jumping off was double the fun. When the tide came in more and it was less of a climb the rest of the group joined and we has a great time.

I love that today I met a girl from Austria on the bus, hung out with Polish guys jumping off the rock, and bought sunglasses from a man from Senegal....... while in Spain.

Pictures to come of my house and Senora, street and school.

1 comment:

  1. Love the pics. Well you know, we might go to the "Big Rock" today in the 3rd part. Try not to be jealous :)

    ReplyDelete