Wednesday, September 9, 2009

I love the city, I hate the garbage man....

PICTURES!

my bedroom
my roomates...Isabel made us homewade ice cream sandwiches...the ice cream here is AMAZING!
Mi Senora- Isabel...70 years old...she is amazing
Girls night out on the river... we rented the boats and got to know each other while enjoying the river.
School... this is the student lounge.

....

What I love about this semester:

-Walking everyday, over a beautiful bridge and through the busy streets of Seville.

-Living in the city (temporarily).

-Not cleaning my room or making my bed because Isabel (Mi Senora) forbids me to.

-The food in Spain! Everything made with olive oil and fresh.

-Learning about history and literature and art while experiencing it. Hearing it in Spanish adds an element I cant describe.

-New sight, smells, sounds, people.

-Freedom from IWU and the box it puts you in.

-Traveling….I have made plans to go to Portugal and all over Spain, Morocco, Austria, Switzerland, Italy and who knows where else.

-And my new nose piercing!

What I don’t like:

That my feet are always dirty here

Turning off lights all the time and walking in the dark.

Being scared of all the robbing that happens on the street and not being able to trust anyone.

Euros…ugh. The conversion rate sucks.

High heels…that I cant wear them and everyone in Seville does.

Trash trucks that come to my apartment window every night at 2AM to wake me up.

Cat calls from Spanish men who are old enough to be my father.

That I am away from the people I love.

This experience has already proved to me that study abroad will be one of the most amazing times of my life and knowing that there is soooo much more to come makes me excited. We had an awesome girls night out last night, paddleboating on the river (the one in the blog picture) and getting to know each other. I have also been busy with classes, loving them and learning a lot from the awesome professors here at Acento. I am surounded by awesome people and an amazingly beautiful European city and I feel so blessed to be here.

Plans for this weekend….

Tomorrow we are going to a Flamenco thing and to get ice cream in the park and do homeowrk. Friday we go to Cordoba for art class to see the city and visit some famous historical places (the history is so rich in this city!). After that we will go out for drinks and tapas and go to a concert in the gardens. Saturday we are going to the beach in Cadiz which is the oldest European city. Sunday- a bullfight at the Plaza del Torros. It’s a lot and I am excited! (Cheri- my planning personality is coming in handy for everyone..haha.)

Thanks for reading, I love your comments..its helps me keep writing cause I know Im not doing it for nothing. (Its like extra homework for me, im not a natural “blogger”).

7 comments:

  1. WOW! You are a busy lady. It all sounds so full of fun, adventure and learning. I am so happy that you are getting this experience. Enjoy and be safe. I love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, as for the heels. You can do it. It is great exercise for your legs. You just need to find heels that accommodate the Vigeant fatty feet. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this post. Thanks for the photos, you must take a close up of your face so I can see the nose ring! What fun you are having ... I feel so happy when I read about your adventures. Sounds like you have enough packed into this coming weekend to fill a whole month. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh...so great!!! You are bringing me right back to my youth :) I LOVED living in a city. Even though it was different a lot of things are so familiar...and it's funny how both the good and the bad become so nostalgic. And...it is GOOD to be scared of the pick pockets...they are around and very sly...but if you are vigilant usually you'll be fine...it's when you let your guard down that they get ya!!!! I made it almost 10 months without having anything stolen, but then just as I was feeling comfortable and at home they ripped my purse right off of me!!! Grrrrr....

    Y tienes razon...no hay nada mejor que aprender de la lengua, historia y arte de una cultura EN MEDIO de la cultura. ...que sigas aprovechando de todo...

    ReplyDelete
  5. You got your nose pierced?! You're one rebellious girl! I'm in the Indi airport ready to head out of the country as well! I miss you babe!

    With love,
    Meg

    ReplyDelete
  6. Everything sounds so foreign and exciting. I wanna see the nose ring, do you love it?! Was the bull fight sad? Actually wish I was there. Keep writing! We miss you And len says he loves you
    Len and shals

    ReplyDelete
  7. ahh Laura sounds like so many adventures - and i love all the pictures...i need to do that :) praying for you pretty lady

    ReplyDelete